Here is a quick and easy breakfast that is tasty, healthy and really filling. You can even wrap it in foil and eat it on the go. No excuses for skipping Breakfast.
TruChoice Breakfast Burrito:
- VEGETABLE COOKING SPRAY
- • 3 EGG WHITES1
- • 1 LARGE OR 2 SMALL WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
- • 1/8 CUP CHEESE
- • 1/4 CUP RINSED PINTO BEANS OR BLACK BEANS)
- • SALSA (TO TASTE)
- • 2 OZ OF CUBED FIRM ORGANIC TOFU
(Tofu adds substance to the burrito along with a nice bit of protein)
1. Spray vegetable cooking spray into a frying pan.
2. Combine the Tofu and egg whites in the pan and cook.
3. Place the cooked eggs on the tortillas.
4. Add beans
5. Add Cheese
6. Spoon on salsa
7. Roll tortilla into a wrap.
8. Microwave for 30 seconds.
Some may choose to use ¼ cup Fat Free cheese. This will lower fat, cholesterol and calories a bit. I would rather use the real thing and just use less as I described above. Curiously, the fat free cheese is higher is sodium and sugar.
If you’re a sour cream fan, try a tablespoon or two of non-fat Greek yogurt. This will add about 20 calories.
For more information on fitness and weight loss go to www.truchoicefitness.com
TruChoice Fitness & Nutrition
FAT 10 G
SATURATED FAT 4 G
CHOLESTEROL 13 MG
SODIUM 740 MG
CARBOHYDRATES 33 G
TOTAL SUGARS 3 G
DIETARY FIBER 6 G
PROTEIN 26 G
Fitness From The Inside Out